Graphic Web Designer Volunteer Wanted
QSKY Radio is looking for a Graphic Web Designer volunteer. We want to make a website informative to our listeners and easy to navigate.
Who and What is QSKY Radio?
QSKY Radio was created in late 2018 by William Bilancio, a disc jockey tired of the selection on terrestrial radio and the lack of diversity in music and information on the airwaves.
After speaking with fellow industry professionals and, more importantly, the listeners, William found he wasn’t alone in his thinking. There had to be a better way to rise above the noise and the nonsense…
QSKY’s philosophy rests on three pillars: Community, Discovery, and Education. Our objective is to provide solidarity through radio, providing a voice to under-served communities and striving to become a bridge between them. We focus mainly on live broadcasting as a tool for discovering new music and ideas. Our educational initiatives put DIY radio tools into everyday people’s hands, and our programming is as diverse as the programmers themselves.
QSKY’s hosts have complete freedom to experiment with the medium of radio to create a diverse community and a diverse sound. We are a community, and all are welcome to participate.
QSKY is staffed by 1- 2 hard-working volunteers from the community. They all work with the primary goal of providing a diverse source of new and different music, news, and entertainment for the more fantastic USA and beyond. When it comes to Internet radio, we’re happy to borrow from a bad song saying nobody does it better!
QSKY Radio is listener-supported & always 100% commercial-free.
We value greatness over static knowledge, but here are a few areas of expertise it will be helpful to know or be able to learn quickly as QSKY Radio continues to grow:
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in a production environment developing distinctive graphic elements.
Deep expertise in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator or Open Source Software creating distinctive yet small (in load time weight) vector, jpegs, gifs, pngs, and other relevant image types and video treatment is a plus.
CSS and HTML and the ability to do so within WordPress (CMS)
SEO – our designer is where our content SEO lies. Suppose you can teach us, remarkable.
Left-brained creative – so much of web design is spatial reasoning, so seeing, “coding,” drawing, and helping us realize what we see is a big part of our Graphic Design position.
Right-brained quant – you don’t have to know how to use SAS or R, but much of web marketing is MATH these days, so knowing how to look at Google Analytics is a big plus.
Do-the-Right-Thing: QSKYRadio.com is a startup based on the vision of an ex-radio broadcaster(William Bilancio).
We work based on core VALUES Community, Discovery, and Education – we are “all in” and look for team members willing to stand with us, support the music we all love so much, and change how, where, and why people listen.
If you are looking for an adventure, we have one. If you have the talent to become our designer, we need one. If you love music, so do we.
The role will work closely with the Owner and the other DJs on various projects and initiatives.
Primary Responsibilities – As a Graphic Web Designer, your tasks will include but may not be limited to:
· Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
· Help with production ideas for data content for QSKY Radio Blog, Website, and Online stories via social media platforms.
· Develop great sources and contacts from our Listeners.
· Dig into complex and vital issues that require problem-solving.
· Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for the blog, youtube, and social media outlets.
· Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
· Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
· Perform other tasks as required by supervisor.
· Nurture the existing email list, segment list, and drive listenership via follow-up emails and social media outreach and contests.
Skills, Abilities, Experience & Qualifications wanted:
· Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills, creative & out-of-box
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
· experience working cross-functionally
· Strong, agile project management skills with a proven track record of delivering high-quality work under tight timelines
· Very detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and maintain organization
· Work well independently and collaboratively with all levels of the organization
· Must demonstrate sound decision-making and ability to react quickly under pressure
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
· Experience with WordPress framework preferred.
· Experience with Google Analytics or similar reporting tool preferred.
· experience working in or creating web content using responsive CSS3/HTML5 and the ability to do so within a CMS and build engaging web pages.
· One or more years of experience in graphic design, photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
· Understanding of the tenants of professional graphic design
· Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
· Entrepreneurship and a can-do spirit
If you are the person we are looking for, fill out the volunteer form at https://www.qskyradio.com/volunteer-at-qsky-radio/ or send an email to email@example.com.